Microsoft word starter 2010 cannot be opened is one of the most common problems that occurs out of nowhere. You start your computer and try to run the Word Application and the next moment you encounter with the Microsoft word starter error. And as a result, you fail to open Word.
And in case if you are facing the same issue and wondering how can you fix it. Then I am here to help you out. I will be talking about a couple of ways which can help you to fix the Microsoft word starter 2010 update.
Solution 1: Microsoft Word Starter 2010 repair from Control Panel or Settings
One of the first things that you can do is try repairing Microsoft Office 2010 from the control Panel. And it is one of the best solutions you can try out if Microsoft Word Starter 2010 not opening. To get started with this error, you can go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, click on the start menu.
- Then open the control panel.
- From the control panel, you have to select to View as: Category option at the top right corner of the Control Panel.
- Then select Uninstall a Program under the Programs section.
- After that, locate the Microsoft Office 2010 in Control Panel.
- Then hit the change button from the top menu and follow all the screen instructions.
- Once the process is completed, check if you still have the same problem with the Office apps or not.
Solution 2: Uninstall Starter 2010 and Open a DOC File
Another thing that you can do is uninstall Starter 2010 and open a doc file. There is a high chance that the issue is with the software itself. To fix this, you can go ahead and uninstall it. For this, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the control panel.
- Then go to the Programs and Features.
- Then Choose Starter 2010 and hit the uninstall button.
- After that follow all the screen instructions and completely uninstall the software.
- Next, once the process is over. Simply locate any .doc file and then click on Use Starter when prompted with a dialogue asking you to choose an option.
- And see if this problem has fixed the issue or not.
Related Post: Microsoft Update Catalog
Solution 3: Update Your Windows OS Completely
By installing the latest update can also help you to fix the Microsoft Word Starter 2010 click to run configuration failure. Even there are quite a lot of people who have already tried this method, and it has helped them to fix the issue and has Microsoft word starter 2010 free. So you can also use these steps to fix it after you Microsoft Word Starter 2010 install. For this, go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, open the PowerShell too by simply click on the start menu.
- The search for PowerShell and right click on it to open the Windows PowerShell (Admin) option. As you will be needing administrative permissions.
- Now on the PowerShell console, you will need to type down CMD and wait for the PowerShell to switch to the CMD like environment.
- Then when the new console appears, you will need to type this following command: wuauclt.exe /updatenow
- After that, let the command run for at least an hour and check if any updates were found or how many updates are installed so far.
So those were all the fixes for Microsoft Word Starter 2010 Product Key. Even after all these, you do not find any solution. Then you better focus on using other alternatives for Microsoft Word Starter 2010 windows 10 like Libreoffice. Also, if you have any more questions to ask. Then do feel free to comment below and know more on official website.
Related Post: Windows Update Not Downloading